Friday 26 October 2007

Seed germination worksheets and other resources


I found these resources on the Primary Resources website.

In the Growth and Nutrition section:
-Bean plant (Katherine Rayner) - a good picture of a bean plant
-Seeds growing plants (Victoria Jackman)- a diary of how my seed grows

In the Reproduction section:
-Seed Germination (Lynne Hardwidge) - seed germination worksheet
-Growing plants from seeds (Robert Drummond) - seeds worksheet
-Seeds Comprehension (Robert Drummond) - seeds comprehension sheet
-Plant Cycle Dominoes (Mark Richardson)

The Topmarks education website lead me to these good websites:
Biology of Plants This website even has speeded up photography of germination!
BBSRC Website Seeds and Plant Growth Discovery Pack for 5 - 12 year olds

BBC Bitesize page
Picture courtesy of BBC bitesize.

Video on how to plant broad beans

Wikipedia Site on Broad Beans

Lifecycle book suitable for Primary Children:
The Life of a Broad Bean by Clare Hibbert

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm very thankful for this blog. I found the topic I've been looking for. This is a great help for my assignment and report. Thank you.

Jin
www.imarksweb.org